A consultation by the Single East Ayrshire Register for Community Housing (SEARCH) partners – namely Riverside Scotland, Atrium Homes, Cunninghame Housing Association, East Ayrshire Council and Shire Housing Association, on proposed changes to the Common Allocation Policy will be launching soon.
The proposed changes
There are six proposed changes:
- Extenuating Circumstances points awards will be reviewed every six months
- Strategic Needs grouping for Armed Forces personnel awards will be extended from three to six months
- priority two Health and Disability points will be increased from 20 to 21 points
- applicants with a life limiting terminal diagnosis will be awarded the highest Health and Disability priority, where their current home is unsuitable for their current or future needs
- applicants assessed as eligible for Care and Support points will be moved into the Strategic Needs Group
- preserved waiting list points will be removed.
Have your say
The proposed changes will be presented to tenants, applicants on the housing list, registered tenant organisations and a number of national charities, seeking their views.
The consultation will open on Monday 13 March and close on Monday 24 April.
Have your say by:
- completing the survey online
- scanning the QR code
- if you don’t have internet access you can contact the Housing Register team for assistance
- paper copies can be returned to: Customer Liaison Team, FREEPOST RSEY-XHST-JHGL, Johnnie Walker Bond, Strand Street, KILMARNOCK, KA1 1HU (a stamp is not required).