The different ways to pay your rent with Riverside Scotland
Whether it’s paying your rent and services charges or rent arrears, we want to make the process really simple and easy. That’s why there are lots of ways to pay the money you owe, you just have to pick which one is right for you! As you will know, rent and charges are paid in advance and it’s really important you pay them on time. Take a look at our ‘Why it’s important to pay your rent’ page to find out more.
How can I pay? You can use one of the following ways to pay, whichever is easiest for you.
- Direct Debit – this is the simplest option as it comes straight out of your bank account. Call us on 0345 112 6600 to set up a direct debit.
- Online – Pay online with a debit or credit card at Allpay’s internet payment site. You’ll need your Allpay payment card number.
- Allpay app – This is available for Apple, Android and Windows Phone
- In person – pay by cash or debit card at any Post Office or where you see the PayPoint sign. Find your local Post Office or PayPoint outlet.
- By phone – Call us on 0345 112 6600 to pay with a debit or credit card.
- Standing Order – Like Direct Debit but you need to alter the amount if your charges change. Ask us for a form to send to your bank or building society.
What if I’m on Housing Benefit or Universal Credit?
You can ask Housing Benefit to pay us direct. This may cover all or part of your rent. Contact us to see if you are entitled and we can help you make a claim and process it quickly. It’s up to you to make sure that your claim is accurate, with all the relevant documents. You are responsible for any debt that builds up in the meantime. Remember if you’ve moved over to Universal Credit, you will now get a monthly payment direct to you. It will include any help you get towards your housing costs. Whether this covers all or part of your charges, you must pay your full charge to us. You need to arrange payments to us directly. We suggest setting up a Direct Debit payment to us for the day your Universal Credit payment arrives in your account. That way you don’t need to remember to pay or worry about how much you have left for other things.