The new site by social housing alliance Homes4D&G will provide in-depth housing information and advice for social housing applicants looking to let a new home.
Homes4D&G is a common housing partnership in Dumfries and Galloway and is made up of four housing associations. The partners are Wheatley Homes South, Cunninghame Housing Association, Riverside Housing and Home Group.
The easy-to-use website launched today, 26 April, and will support applicants to make the right choices about their housing needs.
Those who use the new service will get tailored advice about their housing, see much more information about the current homes available, be able to apply for housing, note interest and check on the progress of an application.
The changes to this service have been designed to be fair to people in most need of social housing, including families in need.
Current Homes4D&G applicants were lettered and asked to re-submit their housing application on the new system in the lead up to the launch of the new website.
Homes4D&G applicants who received a letter but are not sure what they need to do, can attend one of several drop-in sessions run by Wheatley Homes South staff.
The drop-in sessions are open to current applicants and tenants of all four housing associations that form Homes4D&G who received a letter asking them to re-submit their housing application.
The next drop-in sessions are:
- Wednesday 26 April (10am – 4pm) – 55 Friars Vennel, Dumfries, DG1 2RQ
- Friday 28 April (10am – 4pm) – 55 Friars Vennel, Dumfries, DG1 2RQ
- Wednesday 3 May (11am – 4pm) – The Anglers, 61 High Street, Annan DG12 6AD
- Thursday 4 May (10am – 3pm) – Stranraer College, Lewis Street, Stranraer DG9 7AL
- Wednesday 10 May (10am – 3pm) – Newton Stewart Customer Service Centre, Church Street, Newton Stewart DG8 6ER
- Thursday 11 May (10am – 4pm) – 55 Friars Vennel, Dumfries, DG1 2RQ
Homes4D&G applicants who are not tenants of any of the partner housing associations can also contact 0300 123 1230 or email [email protected]
Riverside Scotland tenants can get in touch with their Tenant Partner.
Carol Wadsworth – 07583 677 453
Jill Edgar – 07580 103 350