Have you been busy in your garden this spring? Entries are now open for our Harbourside in Bloom competition!
Harbourside in Bloom is our annual gardening competition aimed at bringing the community together to make Harbourside a brighter and greener place to live. We are looking for front gardens that are tidy, bright and colourful. This can be anything from beautiful flower beds and luscious lawns to bright hanging baskets and colourful flower pots.
The best front gardens will be awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes so root out those gardening gloves and get busy!
How to enter:
To be in with a chance of potting a prize simply send your name, address and telephone number to Gavin Wiffen, Customer & Community Engagement Officer by phone on 07970 348 724 or by email at [email protected]
The closing date for entries is Friday 14 July and judging will take place the following week.
Terms and conditions:
- Harbourside in Bloom is open to Riverside Scotland Irvine Harbourside customers only. The competition is subsidised by historic funding left by Irvine Development Corporation for gardens in the properties built by IDC at Irvine Harbourside and therefore only Irvine Harbourside customers can enter. You must be a UK (Riverside Scotland) resident and aged 16 years or over. This competition is not open to any employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The competition applies to front gardens only.
- Harbourside in Bloom is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. All you have to do is send your name, address and telephone number to Gavin Wiffen, Customer & Community Engagement Officer by phone on 07970 348 724 or by email at [email protected]
- The opening date for entries is 12 noon on Wednesday 21 June 2023. The closing date of the prize draw is midnight on Friday 14 July 2023. Entries received after this time will not be valid.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries which are not completed for any reason.
- Three winners (1st , 2nd and 3rd prize) will be selected by Riverside Scotland colleagues.
- 1st prize -£150, 2nd prize – £100, 3rd prize -£50.
- The winners will receive Love2Shop vouchers to be used at www.love2shop.co.uk.
- The winner will be notified by telephone in the first instance. Two attempts to contact the winner will be made using different methods. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 14 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by post or hand delivered if possible.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The prize is supplied by Love2shop (the “Supplier”). The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. The winner’s name and area e.g. (Joe Bloggs, Irvine) will be published on the Promoter’s social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter). To comply with its obligations, the Promoter will send the surname and local authority area along with details of the winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on their request.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The prize draw will be governed by the applicable law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is Riverside Scotland, part of The Riverside Group Limited. Riverside Scotland is a trading name of Irvine Housing Association Limited. Registered office: 44-46 Bank Street, Irvine, Ayrshire KA12 0LP. Registration No. 2459 R(S) and Registered with The Scottish Housing Regulator No. HAL 280. Registered Scottish Charity No. SC042251