What to expect when renting a home with us
We monitor the following standards by surveying a sample of applicants and new tenants.
Applying for housing
- Give you clear advice about your housing options.
- Ensure there are no barriers to accessing housing and appropriate advice by providing support to obtain information in different formats including interpreters via Language Line.
Offering you a home
- Invite you to an interview and tell you in advance what information you need to provide to us.
- Arrange for you to view the property.
- Accompany you to view the property.
- Give you details of the quality standard the property should meet, heating systems provided and rent and any charges you will need to pay.
If we offer you the property, we will:
- Make you a formal offer of accommodation in writing.
Moving into your home
- Tell you the expected date the tenancy will start and advise you of any future improvement work planned on the property.
If you accept an offer, we will:
- Agree a time to sign for the Tenancy Agreement.
- Explain the terms of the Tenancy Agreement to you.
- Provide a welcome pack containing details of all our services and how you can contact us.
- Tell you if there are any outstanding repairs to be completed when you have moved into the property.
When you sign up for your home, we will:
- Arrange an appointment to visit you within eight weeks of your tenancy start date to discuss any concerns or issues you have.